Saturday, January 8, 2011

Matte Painting

This is always one of my favorite subjects to talk about...




And one of the best examples to understand the power of matte painting, I always refer the demo reels of 'Hatch', an awesome visual effects company, to my clients and friends..

Click here for the Hatch Demo Reel Page

And these are couple of my recent projects based on matte painiting for thesis project of my friends from NYFA.








Here is a good discussion about matte painting definition on mattepainting.org
http://www.mattepainting.org/vb/showthread.php?t=2616

And click here to watch another interesting matte painting challenge breakdown...

Hope this gives a good idea about matte painting and how to save money on travel for locations. So find a good vfx artist and save money ;)

Good Day!